Monday, April 19, 2010

A week's worth of jumbled images

We were driving down a street right outside of town when we spotted this beautiful filing cabinet for free! Precisely what I needed for my studio, with plenty of drawers for hands, heads, misc body parts, paint, found objects, etc. Today I cleaned and sanded it and tomorrow I'll spray paint it.


Here's the Chapter 9 illustration for the ACC exhibition. Title: Old Beginnings. None of the completely finished images for chapters 1-8 are posted on this blog, though I will be adding some in the next two weeks. Also, on May 1st our blog for the exhibition will be up- I'll link to it then. For those of you living near Glens Falls, NY, May 18th, from 6-8pm at Deerlove Hall on the SUNY Adirondack campus (formerly Adirondack Community College), is our opening. Both Rachel and I will be there (as will free food and wine).
Chapter 9 in-progress. I tried a number of different papers before finally choosing one.

I like to knit to relax or while I watch movies or television shows (no time will be wasted!) Last week I began experimenting with knit necklaces. The green strand is of Egyptian cotton yarn and the lavender of bamboo yarn.

As the exhibit is fast approaching, the tedious process of framing has begun. Here are some shadow box frames holding Sculpy masks used for chapter 6. Both prints of the finished works and actual objects from the photos will be displayed.

1 comment:

jen brown said...

That is one good looking cabinet!!

Almost as good looking as your art.

So jealous!, also, inspired to get to work!